Privacy Notice (also known as “Fair Processing Notice”)
Data Controller: HARLEY STREET INSURANCE GROUP LIMITED
25 Athena Court, Athena Drive, CV346RT
Contact for queries: Rob Todd
How we will use your information.
We will only use your information in connection with Premium Medical Protection Limited (PMP), to administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be Insurers, other insurance brokers and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or administer our records.
Your information may be passed to USA under the Privacy Shield arrangement, but only for the above purposes. The law is different but a similar level of protection applies.
If we need to process information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
What type of personal information do we need?
- We need personal details which will include details of your insurance, claims, employment, experience, business or education.
- We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy. You can ask us for a copy.
What other types of information do we need?
- Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about Health.
- We might also need details of criminal convictions.
- We will only process what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
How do we obtain your information?
- We gather it from information you provide to PMP, or from you if you make a complaint.
- We may receive it from insurers, other insurance brokers, and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records.
What are my legal rights?
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 11132.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us at the address above. This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 02/05/18